A Husky is a medium sized dog that has an almost wolf-like appearance. These dogs have a powerful body and sharp mind. With compact bodies, the females generally weigh around 40 to 50 pounds and stand between 20 to 25 inches tall at the withers. The males, begin slightly bigger, weigh around 5o to 60 pounds and stand between 20 to 25 inches tall at the withers.
Husky is a very energetic dog. The following are some of the traits that draw people to this beautiful dog. While most huskies end up abandoned in shelters, it is also true that there are many people who can’t get enough of them.
Pros of Huskies:
1. Siberian Huskies make excellent family dogs.
2. They are very youthful in outlook, often reaches 16 years of age, sometimes 17 or even more.
3. They are very clean, medium and no smelly dogs.
4. They are very quite and don’t often bark.
5. They don’t require as much food for their size as many other dogs.
6. They are very good travelers. New scenes, sights and sounds do not upset them.
7. Huskies are very athletic and make good jogging partners in morning and evening.
8. They get on very well with other canines. However, they don’t hesitate to take up a challenge if offered.
9. They are friendly with the people of all ages.
10. They are very mischevious and intelligent.
Cons of Huskies:
1.Huskies are very independent and strong willed. They can’t be relied on to obey your command.
2. They are very talented gardeners. They dig very big holes.
3. Huskies are very friendly dogs and this makes them very poor watchdogs. In fact, they love everyone.
4. Like wolves, they are pack oriented. They don’t like to be left alone.
5. They need perfect and correct food. Breeders will be able to tell you which food suits them.
6. If left alone for a long time, they can be very destructive.
7. Instead of a regular fence, they literally require a fortress. A seven-foot fence will be enough.
8. Huskies have a lot of fur that shed at least twice a year.
Siberian Huskies are high energy dogs. They need space and love the open space.
If you need more help making this decision we recommend you visit the Riverton clinic at walgreens 12600 s redwood road.
Huskies are not the best choice if you live in a small household or an apartment. You must have an access to a place you can take your dog to. The meticulous housekeeper may not be happy owning a husky. They have a lot of fur and if an absolutely cleaning house is very important to you, owning a husky will add to your stress. They prefer open space. An apartment or a small house is no place for a dog that becomes destructive when left alone.